My master thesis included development of a prototype of a TV-application that engages the user in a more interactive way of watching TV. The application Quiz TV was invented that offers the user the possibility to play a quiz meanwhile watching TV about what they are watching.
Ways of playing:
- Alone or together answering questions on the TV with the remote control
- Against each other by synchronising smart devices, like smart phones, and answer the questions individually from them
- Invite others in other household and play over the internet
The work included
- Deep investigation of the technical possibilities of Smart TV’s
- Facilitation of a brainstorming session at the office of the Stockholm office at The Mobile Life to generate Smart TV app ideas
- Evaluations of existing quiz applications
- Low-fidelity prototyping
- Usability tests of low-fi prototype with frequent TV watchers
- Analyzation and design iteration
- High-fidelity prototyping for Samsung Smart TV
Samsung Smart TV SDK
Want to know more?
The project is described in detail in the section “Quiz TV – an interactive TV application” in my master thesis, Smart TV – a more interactive way of watching TV, page 43-65. Feel free to contact me and I will tell you more.